There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
When I was a kid, my 4th and 5th grade teacher Ms. Simms, made the class memorize a poem called “Determination” by an unknown author. We had to recite this poem daily in class and one of the lines goes, “Whatever I want to be I will be it”, ” When I am in a bind, I will use my brilliant mind… whatever I want to be, I will be it.”
There are many poems about determination out there. However, the one our teacher gave us served as beautiful words of inspiration and encouragement for me and my classmates’ developing minds.
What are Words of Encouragement?
Words of encouragement, sometimes called positive reinforcement, are phrases or sentences that we say to someone to make them feel good. When used with young children, these words can help boost their confidence and self-esteem.
These words and phrases can also motivate kids to try new things and be their best selves. By using simple, positive phrases, we can help them feel capable and optimistic about the future. And when used in conjunction with some tactics – such as mindfulness, meditation and yoga – there just may be no stopping these kids along inspiration trail!
103 Encouraging Words and Phrases for Preschoolers and Young Kids
Here is a list of 103 words of encouragement for preschoolers and young kids:
1. How did I have such a smart child?
2. You are such a good listener! No wonder you are so smart for your age.
3. I am so proud of you!
4. You are doing an amazing job!
5. You are so kind!
6. I love how well you share at your age. Keep being considerate.
7. You are so creative!
8. You are so helpful to other kids. You set such a good example.
9. You make me so happy!
10. I love you just the way you are!
11. You are worth your weight in gold!
12. How did you become such a funny kid? You have a great sense of humor!
13. You are beautiful inside and out!
14. You are a talented artist!
15. You are an amazing friend!
16. You have a lot of potential!
17. You are a natural leader!
18. You are such a hard worker!
19. Your ideas are always brilliant!
20. You always make me feel so special. I am so proud to be your parent.
21. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me!
22. You have such a kind heart!
23. You are so talented in math!
24. You make learning so much fun!
25. You have a lot of wisdom for your age!
26. I wish I was as smart as you are when I was your age!
27. You always make me laugh! You are such a funny child.
28. You have such a beautiful smile! You light up my life and the whole room.
29. Your singing voice is angelic!
30. I can’t wait to see all the wonderful things you will do in your life!
31. You have a heart of gold! You are like a little angel.
32. You are always so helpful!
33.I think you are capable of doing anything.
34. You have a great sense of style! I have a little fashionista on my hands.
35. You are so athletic! Keep this up and you will grow bigger and stronger than your parents soon.
36. I am amazed by all you have learned in such a short time!
37. You make new friends so easily! Everyone loves you.
38. You always think of others before yourself!
39. You are so smart for your age!
40. You are so creative with your artwork! Picasso would be proud.
41. Music is such a big part of your life! You have a special talent for it.
42. You have the biggest heart I know! How did you become such a darling?
43. You have taken to this new sport like a fish to water! You are a natural.
44. You are handling this situation so well! How did you become so mature at such a young age?
45. The other kids really look up to you. You are such a role model.
46. You always have such positive energy! You are such a delight to be around.
47. Your imagination is incredible! I can’t wait to see what you come up with next.
48. You work so well independently! I am so proud of how responsible you are becoming.
49. You are always so enthusiastic! Your energy is contagious.
50. You have such a natural talent for this! It is like you can do anything.
51. I can tell you are really passionate about this!
52. You have such a keen eye for detail!
53. You never give up! I admire your determination. No wonder you get such high remarks from teachers.
54. You are always so willing to help! You are such a team player.
55. You have such great ideas! I can tell you will be a successful adult.
56.I see why you are so smart. You have an amazing memory!
57. I love how healthy you are. You will grow into a healthy adult if you keep it up.
58. Animals love you. They are attracted to your kind spirit.
59. Every time you laugh, it spreads so much joy to everyone.
60. You make every day an adventure!
61. I wish I was as studious as you are when I was your age.
62. You are already such a good leader. No wonder you are always the top student in class
63. Don’t give up due to a bad grade. You are smart enough to improve if you keep up the hard work.
64. Although you are only in Elementary school, I can already see you excelling at college. You are so intelligent.
65. You are going to ace Middle school.
66.You are going to love school.
67. You have such a kind heart, and it makes you so special!
68. I am grateful for every moment with you. Being your parent is the greatest joy.
69.Students like you make it easier to be a teacher.
70. You inspire me to be a better person. Thanks for being my special child.
71. I hope you know how incredible you are!
72. The world is waiting for great things from you! You have plenty of time to make those things happen.
73. I cannot wait to see all the wonderful things you will do! I think you will change the world one day.
74. Never doubt yourself! You can achieve anything.
75.I see so much of myself in you. You are following in my footsteps and becoming an amazing little person.
76.You are never too young to teach and never too old to learn. I learn so much from you.
77. There is nobody quite like you in this world. You are one of a kind, and I treasure you.
78. You are going to love Kindergarten. You are going to have so much fun and learn so much!
79.Your teachers are going to love you.
80.Don’t be afraid to ask questions in school. It is okay to not know everything.
81. You should be very proud of yourself!
82. You have accomplished so much at such a young age!
83. I love how much you enjoy reading.
84. I wish I could learn new things as quickly as you do.
85.As much as you read books, I think you may write one when you grow up. I can’t wait to read it.
86. I can’t believe you are already in third grade!
87. You have worked so hard this year, and now it is time to enjoy your summer break!
88.I know you will do great on the next test!
89. You have aced every assignment so far. I know you will do the same with this one.
90.If anyone can do it, you can!
91. You have made so much progress in such a short amount of time.
92.You are already doing much better than you think you are!
93.I know this is difficult, but you can get through it!
94.School won’t last forever, so enjoy it while you can.
95.You are already making such great strides!
96. I know you can do it! Just keep trying.
97. It is okay to not be perfect. We all make mistakes.
98. Don’t worry about what other people think. Just be yourself!
99. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Asking questions will help you grow.
100. You are going to love Middle School.
101.With the way you build Legos, I can see your inner engineer shining through already.
102. You are setting a good example for your siblings by doing so well in school already.
103.You make me proud every day! I can’t wait to see what you future holds. I am sure it will be exciting.
Now that we have put together a list of encouraging phrases, let’s explore how to use them, shall we?
Tips for Using Words of Encouragement for Kids
When it comes to encouraging your kids, you can never give them too much support. A few words of encouragement can go a long way, especially for younger children who are still exploring the world and finding their place in it.
You can use the list above to help you come up with new and creative ways to encourage your kids every day. Here are a few ideas to get you started, when it comes to effective execution:
Make It Visible
Post the list in a visible spot in your home, like on the fridge or in your child’s bedroom, so they can see it and be reminded of how great they are every day.
Encourage Them with Notes
Write a quick note of encouragement for your child to find in their backpack or lunchbox, or leave one on their pillow before bed.
Compliment Them in Public
When your child does something good, let them know you are proud of them and that other people have noticed too. This will help them feel good about themselves and encourage them to keep up the good work.
Encourage Them with Gifts
Sometimes, a small gift can be just as encouraging as words. Give your child a new book, toy, or piece of art supplies to show them how proud you are of their accomplishments.
Tell Them Every Day
The most important thing you can do is tell your child how proud you are of them every single day. This will let them know that they are valued and loved, no matter what.
Now that we know how to use words of encouragement, let’s take a look at some quotes from children’s authors and poets that can help us express our feelings of support.
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A.A. Milne
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
“Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” – Haim Ginott
Final Thoughts about Positive Words of Encouragement for Preschoolers Young Kids
Our kids are growing up in a world with an increasing amount of pressure. So it is imperative to give them encouragement and support from a young age. These are truly impressionable times.
Don’t hesitate to shower the little ones with verbal and written words of inspiration as soon as they are born. Trust me, they will remember your love and support well into adulthood. I know I have… and that I am wear I am today, in part, because of my parents and mentors.
Words of encouragement can do wonders for any one in a difficult situation, or may just be in need of a little pick-me-up. Check out our articles on Words of Encouragement for a Sick Child for more ideas.